What are project works at the University aimed at?
Project works aim to:
- supplement the classroom component (lectures, laboratory and practical lessons) and apply the acquired knowledge into practice
- enhance team work skills
- develop communication and self-presentation skills
- master processes and technologies related to designing, developing, and testing software
Implementation of project works allows the University to provide high-quality training of IT specialists who are competitive in the modern labor market.
We hope that in the near future our students will be able to undertake joint projects together with foreign companies and educational institutions, as well as develop well-known start-ups and attract investments for implementing their ideas.
After all, the main idea of project work at the IT STEP University is gradual integration of students into technological processes of the IT industry in such a way that during the educational process they get a detailed understanding of the methods and organizational processes of real projects in companies. That is, immediately after graduation, they should be ready to work on projects without any adaptation period and additional training. Therefore, we are planning to expand our cooperation with companies in the context of joint project works as well as launch dual education program, which enables students to study at the University, and simultaneously acquire the skillset directly in the company. This is a common practice in developed countries, in particular, in Canada, Germany, etc. Introduction of dual education that is one of the top priorities of the university's development in the future.
Who is involved in the implementation of project works?
The University is the center of interaction of all interested parties, namely:
• IT industry, enterprises, state authorities and local government acting as customers and initiators of project work topics
• leading specialists from the IT industry, who are involved in project work as supervisors and mentors
• students who seek to obtain the most relevant and necessary knowledge and gain practical experience in the implementation of real life projects.