Minor program: Management
Minor program: Management
The objective of the program is to develop knowledge, skillset and abilities that will enable students to effectively manage projects, run teams and organizations; develop students' modern managerial thinking; and master modern efficient tools.
The learning outcomes tell students and prospective students the kinds of knowledge that they will be given the opportunity to acquire during the course.
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Carry out effective project management; obtain the results defined in the project in terms of meaning, work scope, cost, time, and quality and customer satisfaction.
- Use modern project management methodologies; choose efficient tools and methodologies in relation to the type and specifics of the project in order to achieve project objectives and ensure its optimum performance.
- Analyze and justify project decisions, make informed choices of project alternatives.
- Devise a business plan and present it to stakeholders.
- Display business communication skills when interacting with colleagues, management and project stakeholders to achieve intended outcome.
- Run project teams: recruitment, motivation, team development at different stages of their life cycle.
- Manage project risks by integrating project risk management process.
- Devise and implement a set of measures to develop and manage a brand.
- Develop leadership, time management, and public speaking skills; learn the art of conducting negotiations, boost emotional intelligence, etc.
Minor Program Subjects
- Project Management
- Project Management Methodologies
- Business Planning
- Communications and Stakeholder Management
- Team Building, Management and Development
- Risk Management and Taking Project Decisions
- Business Ethics
- Brand Management
- Manager Personal Development
- Strategic Management and Management of Changes
- ІТ roles
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Scrum Master
- Team Lead
- Customer Service Manager
Methods and methodology
Traditional project management (Waterfall), Agile, Scrum, Kanban, PRINCE2.
The teaching team comprises project managers, HR and business owners who have experience in project activities, team and organization management, as well as experience in teaching and interacting with students.
Head of Management area of training
- Co-founder and business trainer of the Consulting Company PM Business Solution, consultant on project management, member of the Ukrainian Association of Project Management.
- Co-founder and development director of the Consulting Company PM Business Solution, author of the educational programs Building an effective team and Effective leader; co-organizer of the Team and Career Forum, which brought together IT, business and the ON/OFF Marketing Conference.
Who is this area of training suitable for?
This area of training will suit perfectly those people who enjoy working with others, those who possess the charisma of a leader and for those who are driven by risk and new challenges.
The project management process is likely to attract people who are able to quickly and effectively organize others, make important decisions, and dream to realize their managerial skills. It will interest those people who would like to manage product development process and create favorable for efficient work.
The main responsibility of the project manager is to bring the customer's idea to fruition within within a defined time frame with a set budget so that the customer is impressed by the outcome of the team work.
If you are a leader, a result-oriented team player, if you have organizational skills and analytical thinking, this profession is just for you.
Why is this specialization relevant?
Project Manager is responsible for the project management processes, setting priorities, planning and assigning tasks to the team. A good project manager should be aware of customer’s requirements, meet the company's needs and work effectively with the team.
Main trends in the industry
What IT industry is focused on is seeking and cultivating talents. Technological change is rapidly changing the requirements for potential IT employees. Not only should they be highly qualified, but have competence in a wide range of skills, be confident, aspirational and proactive.
What is digital design? It’s the process of mapping out the look and feel of the content that people view and interact with on a digital interface. Digital designers do more than design graphics; it’s all about creating designs crafted for specific devices, taking into account factors like user experience, interactivity, and overall aesthetic balance. This visual communication creates meaning for the viewer. Visuals help to evoke emotions in your audience, which can in turn help with brand awareness and affinity.